Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Toot the Horn Tuesday!

On Tuesday's I will be celebrating accomplishments, and today I am celebrating a HUGE accomplishment that my son made.

Drum Roll...............................

My 5 1/2 year old can RIDE A 2 WHEELER!

Hubby took the training wheels off of his bike per our son's request.




I am so proud of him!

My husband has been working with him for a while now, although I have thought it was a bit early. My husband keeps thinking that he is late learning, but that is only because my husband is one of those really strange people who learned to ride a 2-wheeler when he was 3. He can also ride a unicycle and has freakish balancing abilities! Our oldest son also learned to ride a 2 wheeler when he was 3, and so my husband had a really unrealistic view of a child's ability to ride a bike at an early age. However, he is starting to believe me when I say that 5 1/2 is early, since none of my son's school mates or friends that are his age can ride a bike.

I will also say that my husband has been a wonderful teacher!

You will want to come back tomorrow for Clean Up The Crap Wednesday! I cleaned up my supply cabinet and even took Before, During and After pictures!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats to you all, especially your little man! My daughter was 7 when she finally learned to ride without training wheels!

Beth said...

That's fantastic! My son is 4 1/2 and still has training wheels and will for a while. He has a habit of falling over and running into things. Graceful he is not! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the little one! Thanks for hanging out on my blog today. You have an unhealthy obsession with org tools too! Good to know it is not just me!