Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIY - A new Patio! Well ... maybe a mud pit!

Here's my new patio!

Ok ... well, it isn't a patio yet! I really wish I had taken a picture before we dug up the bushes, moved all the bulbs, and replanted the flowers! But ... I am not re-doing all of that work for the sake of my blog!

Anyway, we have no outdoor space for a table, chair or anything else! We have plenty of grass, but it is really a pain to move table and chairs all of the time to mow. Our front porch is tiny only about 4 feet x 8 feet and really not enough room for even a chair. So, my husband and I are putting in a small patio!

Now, I will say that pouring concrete is NOT for the faint of heart! It requires lots of digging, planning, tamping, prepping ... In the end it will probably cost less than if we were to build a deck the same size, but only because we are doing most of this work ourselves.

I'll try to be better about taking pictures so you can see this process ... in the mean time you can see a picture of the flower bed where I moved all of those flowers and bulbs. The bulbs are all buried though ... so it will be spring 2012 before you see those!

No comments: