Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Results from this week's grocery game

Drum Roll Please.....

So, just got back from grocery shopping - Not so bad today since I didn't have children with me who would normally be running in the isles and begging me for treats.

So I spent $143.17 and Saved $78.30! Wow! I didn't expect that much for my first week! But in a nutshell I saved 35%. I did buy a lot of soups that I have NO idea what I am going todo with, but perhaps it will motivate me to pull out my cookbooks and try something new, but other than that I didn't buy anything that we would not use. I will most likely have to go back to the store and spend about another $15 or $20 on some additional fresh veggies and possibly some more juice for my son, but overall I got a lot.

Here are a couple pictures. The first is my coupon organizer and the coupons I used today clipped to my grocery game list. The second is the table full of the groceries that I bought. Some of the highlights of my trip were - A pack of 4 NY strip steaks, and two pounds of large cooked shrimp (41-70 per pound).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! You saved 78 bucks with coupons?!

Jo :)

Plaidfuzz said...

The best way I save money on groceries is writing up a menu before I go, so I only buy what we will actually eat that week. It cut my grocery bill in almost half.

Michelle said...

I so agree with plaidfuzz... planning out menus and having a list is the best money saver at the grocery store... you did great though... saved a lot.. my best trip I saved $6 more than I spent. woohooo

Valerie said...

Wow! well done on saving so much! Thanks for the follow and happy new year!!