Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Handmade Holiday!

Whew! What a whirlwind of a last few weeks! I'm actually still in the middle of a bit of a whirlwind, but I thought I would take a few minutes and show you some of the goodies that I have made!

After turning my hobby into a business, I've decided that I need some new hobbies! Hobbies that I have no intentions on turning into businesses =)

So, several weekends ago I taught myself to crochet! I bought some yarn, hooks, and a book ... after trying for days I just couldn't get the hang of it, but after a few youtube videos and a phone call with a friend I was off and running! So, some lucky people are getting some scarves handmade by me this year!

I have also wanted to dust off my sewing machine for a while ... for something besides hemming pants! So here are a couple owls that I made by following a tutorial from Hammer & Thread that you can find here: http://hammerandthread.blogspot.com/2010/07/owl-stuffies-tutorial.html These cuties will be finding homes in the snuggly arms of my nieces.

I would love to see some of the goodies you have made for family and friends this year! And, now that I have made the owl stuffies I would love some more links to tutorials!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those owls are so darn cute! After turning my hobby into my business I think I need to follow your lead and find a non-business hobby...