Monday, February 4, 2013

Being the best you can be ... doesn't have anything to do with the competition

Over the weekend, I asked my husband about what he thought about my new pictures.  He really liked them, but asked why I was taking all of the pictures over again.  He knows it is a lot of work, time consuming, and he also thinks that my previous pictures were good. I thought they were good too!  I think my new pictures are better though. 

It got me thinking though.  Why isn't good, good enough?  Why do I keep striving to make good, better?  At what point is good going to be the best? 

I don't pay a lot attention to what other people are doing.  Meaning, I am not out there trying to make my things, or pictures, look like everyone else.  I make changes because I really try to be the best that I can be, and do things the best that I can.  Perhaps it is why I don't make magnet boards like everyone else.  Why I put the extra effort into mounting metal onto boards.  Why I include magnets with magnet boards.  Why I keep improving my pictures. 

It isn't about being better than someone else, it is about being the best that I can be.

It is why I keep improving my products, myself, me ... I want to go to bed at night knowing that I gave it my all.  I want my kids to know that being the best you can be isn't about beating out your competition.  It is about knowing that you gave it your all, and if you aren't satisfied with that, then you make adjustments and improvements. 

Today, I will be a better me than I was yesterday.  At least I will try, and knowing that, I will go to bed satisfied and accomplished. 

No comments: