Friday, February 15, 2013

Ecommerce Conundrums

I have spent a bit of time over the last week reducing some of the things that I have started and not finished.  Mainly lots of online things that I have started, but have never come to fruition. 

It seems that since I first started having a website in 2005 for MooreMagnets.com somethings have changed a lot, and others not so much.  The biggest thing that has changed is the shear number of options that people have for websites and shopping carts ... however the functionality of websites and shopping carts seems to not have caught up so much. 

Some of my friends understand these complications - especially when they are trying to offer customizations or a wide range of products.  However, other friends who have a basic product line to offer don't have the needs of customization and sail through the ecommerce set up without many headaches.

So ... over the coming weeks you may see some changes around here.  Mainly that I am considering moving my blog to wordpress ... however I am not sure how that is going to work with my existing posts here ... and also setting up a shopping cart on wordpress ... which could end up to be a total nightmare LOL!

Mainly I would just like to consolidate some things ... and make things simpler ... I am ALL about making things simpler!


No comments: