Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Yummy!

This is a really easy and quick appetizer that I have fallen in love with! I can't take the credit for the recipe, but my friend Becky taught me this one. I really don't care for plain tomatoes like my husband, so this is a way for me to enjoy the fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden with very little preparation.

Ingredients:

1 ripe tomato sliced
1 package fresh mozzarella sliced
fresh basil
balsamic vinegar

Just slice the tomatoes and mozzarella top them with one or two pieces of fresh basil and sprinkle balsamic vinegar over the top - Done!

5 comments:

Mary Richmond said...

so yummy ;-)

Unknown said...

This looks sooo good, and sounds so crisp and fresh! Thanks for the recipe!

Blueberry Junkie said...

I have lots of fresh tomatoes right now, straight from my garden, so I will definitely be trying this recipe out...it looks delicious.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Cheers!!

Blueberry Junkie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dani said...

I love fresh mozzarella and basil, but not tomatoes. There was a recipe similar to this using fresh peaches in Real Simple magazine. You just reminded me with this post.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment! I plan to pick up the ingredients for the Jam Butter tomorrow, I'll let you know how it turns out when I get a chance to make it! :)