Monday, September 21, 2009

What's going on in the MooreMagnets house?!

I thought I would give you all a little update on what is going on in the MooreMagnets household! Oh, and for all of you looking for the update on the paperwork - I haven't gotten everything together to do a blog post about that, but hopefully sometime this week I will be able to give you a re-cap with pictures!

Boys! As most of you know we have 3 boys running around! Life gets pretty busy with all of them running around - especially this year! The oldest is 14 now! Hard to believe but he is a freshman in high school now! He is the kicker for the Junior Varsity football team, and he is a starter on the Varsity soccer team! Woot! Being on the varsity soccer team is quite and accomplishment for him, and he is the only freshman or sophomore on the team! Seeing them practice and play is a bit strange for me, especially since he isn't any smaller than the rest of the boys!

The middle boy has certainly sprouted this year - he is 12 now and definitely coming into his own. His father and I were incredibly shocked that he wanted to play middle school football this year - especially since he has never been very sports oriented. So, he tried out and made it!! He is one of the wide receivers on the team, so now he is really working on catching with dad and older brother.

Youngest boy is 6 now, and just as sweet as ever! Watching him develop friendships is the most wonderful thing! He wants to be in the boy scouts (trying to work out scheduling for that) and will probably play soccer in the spring!

Hubby and me are doing great! Not too many household projects going on right now other than finishing my workshop. I have taken on one project though! A dear friend of mine was recently diagnosed with adult alopecia. It really frightened me when I saw her wig sitting in her room before she had a chance to tell me what was going on. Only two short months later she has lost all of her beloved hair - all with no real known reason. Most of you who know me also know that I have enough hair for 2-3 people, so I have decided to let it grow and donate it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. Here is a picture of where I am now!


Curious about the requirements? You can find them from the link I posted above - but here is a quick rundown - must have 8 inches in length, less than 5% gray (I hope I still meet this!), no permanant hair treatments (vegetable color is okay)...

So I have about 7 inches right now - but really I am going for 10 - Hopefully I will be there by January!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great cause, I just can't imagine how that must be to be without any hair on ones body. I saw an Extreme Makeover one time where the participant had Alopecia and they gave her fake eyelashes and they had a cool way to give her 'fake' eyebrows too! It was an amazing transformation. You are a good friend!!

Valerie's Essentials said...

that is wonderful! I want to give mine to the locks of love. I don't know one from the other but as long as someone can use it. Mines down to my hinny now when it's down. Maybe they could split it!

Glad you are giving it to a great cause!

StarsandRobots said...

I still have 8 inches of hair on my desk drwaer that I have been meaning to send to Locks of Love! I am now inspired t odig it up and do the deed! (It has already grown back, if you want to speed up the growth, take some prenatals! I take 6 Rainbow Lights a day (you are supposed to take 6) and it grows like a weed! Course, I am pregnant too) I followed you over from MCC! following blog! :)