Friday, January 11, 2013

Note to Self - You are not Super Woman!

Ahhhh it is Friday!  That is supposed to be a good thing, right??!! 

Last night, Friday eve, I was up late doing a load of laundry, so that my little one would have pants for school today, loading the dishwasher, putting away the sewing machine and various other supplies from a pinterest project that I got sucked into ... feeling really bad about myself because I hadn't got lots of the chores done on my list this week.  I needed a reality check!

I am not super woman ... I get accused of being this super organized person sometimes that gets so much done ... It makes me laugh because up until a couple weeks ago, I would be getting all of these comments while sitting in my home that was in shambles.  I was getting plenty of work done ... but not so much housework. 

Last night, after putting away all of my crafty stuff and putting the few dirty dishes in the sink, I realized that the house really wasn't in shambles.  If a friend walked through the door at that moment I wouldn't hang my head in shame at the craziness. 

Yes, the bedroom didn't get vacuumed, the shelves didn't get dusted, the windows and mirrors aren't spotless ... but that's ok ... it will get done ... Sleep is more important than any of those things.

It's Friday now, and I have another list of things that need to be done.  The important things have already been done before I write this post ... everything else is a bonus!

Have a great weekend! 

No comments: