Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Containerizing

 I think containers are my absolute favorite organizing tool.  They come in so many shapes and sizes, and also made of different materials.  I often containerize things that I use at the same time, and I try to use pretty containers for things that need to stay out for a length of time.

I use a container to keep my iron, a bottle of water, spray starch, and some cloths for cleaning the iron in a bin.  It lives in my linen closet, but I just reach in and take the whole bin out when it is time to iron.  And with wire shelving I don't have to worry about the spray bottles falling over!  I use a plastic bin for these since they aren't left out all the time, and I am cautious to make sure that the iron is cooled down before I put it away.

I also containerize unmentionables.  All ladies need a basket like this.  I take it out for a week each month and leave it in our master bath.  Then it goes back under the sink for 3 weeks.



Extra toilet paper in our boys bathroom is kept in a basket on the back of the toilet.  I would never keep extra toilet paper on the floor next to the toilet in a boys bathroom ... and if you have boys then you know why I say that!

No comments: