Saturday, February 18, 2012

Homemade Snickers!

So, last night I made these homemade snickers bars for dessert.  Can you say sugar overload!  Hubby and I both enjoyed them (hehe ... kiddos were spending the night with Nanny and friends!), although we both said that we didn't think they tasted exactly like snickers as they had a much more peanut butter taste.  I followed the recipe from EatCakeforDinner ... you can find it here:  Snickers


I used the evaporated milk version, and I must say that refrigeration is required for this.  They really need to sit in the fridge overnight, and I would probably recommend either spraying the pan you use with non-stick spray, or lining it with wax paper as lots of the chocolate stuck to the bottom of my pan.  I would also probably recommend that you make the first layer of chocolate and then refrigerate it for at least an hour before moving on to the nougat.

Regardless, they are yummy!  And I am sure the chocolate at the bottom of the pan won't be wasted!

No comments: